Content Editor Overview
About The China Guys
We’re always seeking fellow China nerds that share our vision of taking that next step to bridge the East and the West.
As professional China watchers, we leverage our unique China experience with industry expertise to provide China insights and tailored business solutions for professionals around the globe. We’re a diverse group of bankers, engineers, marketers, and analysts with broad interests that give us the distinct ability to see what others can’t for everything China. We track regulatory, economic, and policy updates within China’s business landscape and present them in digestible bite sized pieces through newsletters and research articles. For clients with more specialized needs, we also provide tailored consultative solutions within the Chinese market.
What You'll Do
- Learn, and continuously develop TCG’s unique writing style
- Contribute to multiple ongoing editorial projects in English, including analytical articles, white papers, and other professional content series
- Collaborate with social media managers to refine content quality and drive SEO
- Monitor current news on Chinese regulation, economy, and policy to maintain subject matter expertise
What You'll Get
- The chance to beef-up your writing skills, refine your eye for nitty-gritty details, and learn the day-to-day operations of a buzzing startup
- The opportunity to develop specialized China knowledge and refine professional Mandarin skills
- Access to a network of like-minded China watchers
Who We're Seeking
TCG is a passion project and, as such, we’re looking for like-minded China nerds that crave to learn. Ideally, you have domain knowledge in a specialty that relates to international relations, political science, economics, business, or similar fields. While not required, knowledge in these fields would be beneficial. Strong writing skills are required and editorial experience is highly valued – you will be asked to provide a writing sample as part of the application process. Our editorial interns are asked to make a minimum commitment of 10+ hours per week.