Strategy & Operations Manager Overview
About The China Guys
We’re always seeking fellow China nerds that share our vision of taking that next step to bridge the East and the West.
As professional China watchers, we leverage our unique China experience with industry expertise to provide China insights and tailored business solutions for professionals around the globe. We’re a diverse group of bankers, engineers, marketers, and analysts with broad interests that give us the distinct ability to see what others can’t for everything China. We track regulatory, economic, and policy updates within China’s business landscape and present them in digestible bite sized pieces through newsletters and research articles.
What You'll Do
- Review current TCG initiatives and compile top-level recommendations for improvement by priority level
- Identify other potential areas for growth related to partnerships, product offerings and brand building
- Collaborate with CRO on TCG content production process review and recommend improvements
- Lead and execute the overhaul efforts for TCG’s Share The Steep referral campaign
- Perform A/B testing on TCG content series’ distribution format
- Build funnels to measure the relative performance of subscriber conversion across platform and campaign
- Review TCG website UXUI and recommend improvements
- Audit and strengthen foundation of operations
- Define initiatives that help the TCG team connect and build a strong sense of community and support
What You'll Get
- The chance to drive real impact in a buzzing start-up environment
- The opportunity to develop skills in business strategy, marketing, and operations
- A professional LinkedIn recommendation from co-founder(s)
- Potential for minority equity stake in TCG and promotion to Director of Strategy upon mutual agreement at end of position period
Who We're Seeking
Entrepreneurs. Adventurers. We love self-starters that not only hold themselves accountable to a high standard of work but also contribute innovative ideas and creative solutions. Ideally, you have a background in strategy, product management, or business development with a craving to jump in the deep end and get your hands dirty across all facets of business. This role will require a minimum commitment of 10 hours a week for 6 months.
Want to Join the Crew?
Tell us your story. Go on, we’re waiting!