TWS Newsletter Writer Overview
About The China Guys
We’re always seeking fellow China nerds that share our vision of taking that next step to bridge the East and the West.
As professional China watchers, we leverage our unique China experience with industry expertise to provide China insights and tailored business solutions for professionals around the globe. We’re a diverse group of bankers, engineers, marketers, and analysts with broad interests that give us the distinct ability to see what others can’t for everything China. We track regulatory, economic, and policy updates within China’s business landscape and present them in digestible bite sized pieces through newsletters and research articles.
The Weekly Steep (TWS) Writer will be responsible for producing short, insightful, and engaging commentaries on topics related to Chinese economics, business, and/or finance. You will also be expected to participate in meetings and engage with the larger TCG team on an as needed basis. The ideal writer will have a background in China and the ability/willingness to learn how to write in the TWS style and tone.
What You'll Do
- Monitor current news on Chinese business, finance, and economics
- Conduct research from multiple sources to produce original pieces
- Draft 2-3 1,200-1,290 word commentaries per week
- Attend bi-weekly feedback meetings with the TWS team
- Like and share TCG social media posts, especially those related to TWS
What You'll Get
- The chance to produce a writing portfolio for TCG’s flagship newsletter with a readership of thousands of readers
- The opportunity to develop detailed knowledge on a broad array of China topics
- Feedback from multiple editors on your written pieces
- Access to a network of like-minded China watchers
Who We're Seeking
We are looking for passionate China nerds that crave to learn. Ideally, you have a background in international relations, political science, journalism, economics, business, or related fields. We consider all disciplines, but knowledge in these fields would be beneficial. Strong writing skills are required, and you will be asked to provide a writing sample as part of the application process. This role will require a minimum commitment of 5-10 hours a week for 3 months.
Want to Join the Crew?
Tell us your story. Go on, we’re waiting!